- Sometimes Felsi visits Oghren at Vigil’s keep, bringing their child along to spend precious family time together. While Lady A will welcome them happily and dote on the child, Alistair often makes himself scarce or hangs around in the background after a brief greeting.
- For Alistair, seeing Oghren with his child is a bitter reminder of how his only offspring was from an unwanted union. To be frank, he wants to have other children of his own with his wife, but he is aware of how hard it is for that to happen for Grey Wardens. And after finding out that human/dwarf couples rarely produce children, he tries not to burden Lady A with his thoughts of desiring a family.
- Doesn’t mean she doesn’t notice, though. Lady A knows that Alistair wants to be a father, but is unwilling to hurt her feelings over the odds stacked against them. Being the pragmatic dwarf, she has long accepted that she would never have children of her own through their marriage and because of the Taint, but refrains from bringing the subject up with her husband as to not sadden him at the futility.
- So how do they both deal with it? By never bringing the subject up at all amongst duties and distractions…but for how long?
Many responded for me to take my time in answering this question by tackling the issue in the actual AU comics (whether chronologically or not, I’ll think on it…though most of you REALLY want the full extent of the heart hurties, you masochists!). But here’s a compromise, answering the question generally, before said AU comics….kinda like setting the scene.
I hope this will suffice, grandsilversoul!
I don't remember how possible it is, given the rare occurrence of Warden's having children, as well as inter racial breeding, but have you ever given much thinking into Alistair and Lady A having a child?
I dunno if you noticed an earlier post about me wanting to act on comic ideas in the next few months, but this particular Alistair & Lady A Child Issue is one of the main ones I want to tackle in my Silent Grove/Those Who Speak/Until We Sleep AU (specifically the last one).
Originally I wanted to draw the vignettes in chronological order, BUT I can work on this first if I approach the bite-sized stories as stand-alones by not depending on gradually, episodic context. The idea I have is something I find quite interesting (and more impactful) to answer visually.
Or I could just talk about it AND draw it out anyway.
What say you all? Which method do you prefer that I answer grandsilversoul’s question
- immediately in text?
- dispense with chronological structure and just go straight to drawing the comic answer?
- take my time to tackle the Alistair/Aeducan vignettes according to the comic story timeline?
Or nobody cares at all and I’m just talking into the void buhuhu TwT
Secondary weird question! Have you used Asus machines before, and how do they compare to your current laptop? I'm considering upgrading my Szadz-kun before year's end, but your Illegear sounds awesome and I'll be looking at their options too.
I haven’t used Asus machines before, so I can’t make a comparison. But Illegear’s delivery is swift, and their customer service is helpful; The missing hdd problem I had when I first used it is solved within two days through email. I think you can contact their sales rep if you want a one on one demo either at their Kepong warehouse or a designated meeting place.
I know rite? Low-to med generally suits me fine too. But the new frostbite engine looks amazing. Worth it for the shinies if you can afford it! Hope you enjoy it. At least I can still view all your wonderful art for it on my lower spec’d machine :).
Yeah, Frostbite-rendered chest hair, plump lips, bara beard, etc compels me to plonk the cash ;3;
There will definitely be the fan art, so am glad that you will be able to enjoy them regardless of machine spec ;)
Yours is still better (bigger?) than mine ;) (ha). Expecting to meet min specs for DA:I beyond that all I can do is hope (but I am fully expecting another black eyes low graphics run like with DA:O. Ah well, it’s the story that matters in the end).
Usually I am content with Medium to Low spec on my 6 year old desktop, but for DA:I I wanted all the bell and whistles. ALL OF IT.
Of course that means I come out poorer purse-wise, but SHINIES.